23-year-old man still alive after being hit by train, official says


A 23-year-old man is in the hospital after he was hit by a train early Saturday morning, Amtrak said Wednesday.

The Plainfield man was hit by an Amtrak train from D.C. traveling to Boston at about 1 a.m. Saturday near Metuchen, Amtrak spokesman Jason Abrams said in an email on Wednesday.

The train “came into contact” with the man, Abrams said. He is alive and at Robert Wood Johnson hospital, Abrams said. The hospital would not release his condition.

Officials had previously said a body was found on the tracks at about 5 a.m. on Saturday. The discovery caused about an hour suspension to service on the Northeast Corridor line.

Sara Jerde may be reached at sjerde@njadvancemedia.com. Follow her on Twitter @SaraJerde.

Have information about this story or something else we should be covering? Tell us: nj.com/tips

 



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *