More than two weeks after chairs and plates were hurled in a brawl at a Denny’s in Vineland, police have charged seven people for their alleged roles in the chaos.
A video captured the Jan. 27 melee, showing chairs and dishes being thrown across throughout the dining room.
According to police, the fight began because one man tried to talk to a woman at a nearby table. More than a dozen people were involved, but dispersed when officials arrived at the scene around 3 a.m., according to police.
The Cumberland County Prosecutor’s Office took to Facebook to urge anyone with information to contact police and noted that “no one in our community should be concerned that they may face this type of nonsensical behavior when they go out for a bite to eat.”
Roughly two weeks later, seven people were charged with criminal mischief.
Those charged are:
- Alexander Roman, 27, of Vineland
- Daniel Roman, 29, of Vineland
- Elin Roman-Bordoy, 31, of Vineland
- Efrain Ocasio Jr., 20, of Vineland
- Alexander Morales Jr., 19, of Vineland
- Darion Z. Childers, 18, of Bridgeton
- And a 17-year-old from of Bridgeton
Caitlyn Stulpin may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow her on Twitter @caitstulpin. Find NJ.com on Facebook.